KP&P and Adidas break ties
Korean PSS provider KP&P and German Multinational Sports company Adidas will not renew their partnership beyond 2016.
The agreement, which finishes at the end of the current year, won’t remain in force as of January 1st 2017.
Both companies started operating together in the PSS sector in 2014 under the slogan “Together for Taekwondo”, but their path as a sole product for our sport has come to an end.
The WTF has infomed all Continental Unions that KP&P and Adidas will not co-brand next year for reasons unknown. That means that all the events on the WTF 2017 calendar stating ‘adidas-KP&P’ as their PSS will now have to replace it by ‘KP&P’. That includes the upcoming World Championships, to be held in Muju, Korea, next June.
This leaves the 2017 main Taekwondo events’ calendar in the following state:
– 2017 WTF World Taekwondo Grand-Prix Series 1 (August)
– 2017 WTF World Taekwondo Grand-Prix Series 3 (London, UK 20-22 October)
– 3rd WTF World Taekwondo Cadet Championships
– 2017 WTF World Taekwondo Grand-Prix Final (Abidjan, Ivory Coast 2-3 December)
– 2017 WTF World Taekwondo Team Championships (Abidjan, Ivory Coast 5-7 December)
– 2017 WTF World Taekwondo Championships (Muju, Korea 24-30 June)
– 2017 WTF World Taekwondo Grand-Prix Series 2 (September)