Lee Kyu Hyung, new President of Kukkiwon
Master Lee Kyu Hyung (Kyemyeng University – 9th Dan) is the new President of Kukkiwon after being provisionally named yesterday by the Director of the organization’s board, Mr Hong. Master Lee Kyu Hyung will immediately start working for Kukkiwon, as he’s decided to make today his first day as the Chair-in-Office.
Mr Hong did also name some more positions within the organization yesterday: Oh Hyuen Deuk will be the Administrative Deputy Director, while No Sun Myeng was supposed to be the Director of Education, a position which he finally refused to take. Master Lee and Mr Oh have already started to actively work for the development of Kukkiwon.
Master Lee replaces Mr Kim Chung Gun, who was acting as the Chair-in-Office during Hong’s trip to USA. We will now await the official appointment of Master Lee, which is expected to happen in the coming days if there’s no public reaction against the appointment eventually.
Mr Hong did also name 11 new members of the Kukkiwon board last Friday August 16th.
– Lim Yun Taek (Seoul Taekwondo Association President)
– Kim Chul Ho (KTA Vice-President)
– Kim Tae Il (Taekwondo Professional Association President)
– Hwang In Sik (Kyengkido Association Vice-Presiedent)
– Kim Sang Chen (Kyeng Min University Professor)
– Kim Hyen Sueng (Former Congressman)
– Kim Chel Ki (Former Secretary General of the Pro Park Movement)
– Oh Hyen Deuk (Former Kukkiwon Vice-President)
– Kim Myeng Yeun (Congressman)
– Ham Jin Kyu (Congressman)
However, this list of new members of the Kukkiwon board has caused controversy, as the appointments were made on the same day that the former board was dissolved.
Stay connected to WTM to know everything happening around the new Kukkiwon composition!
Source: Park Sung Jin (insidetkd.com)