World Taekwondo updates Events Calendar
World Taekwondo 2020 calendar (as of April 29, 2020): click HERE
World Taekwondo has been forced to cancel or postpone several events scheduled between June and December on its 2020 official calendar due to the spread of Covid-19 around the world. Good news: one new event has also been added to the calendar.
The list of affected competitions can be found on the information below.
Events Date/Place Changed
- African Para Taekwondo Championships: TBD -> December 7
- Sudan Open: Novermber 23-24 -> TBD
- Asian Qualification Tournament for Toyko 2020 PG: June 5 -> TBD
- Asian Qualification Tournament for Toyko 2020 OG: June 6-7 -> TBD
- Carthage Open: June 2-3 -> Cancelled
- Lux Open: June 14 -> Cancelled
- 1st European Small Countries Championships : June 27 -> Cancelled
- African Senior Championships: TBD -> Cancelled
- African Team Championships: TBD -> Cancelled
- African Junior & Cadet Championships: September 4-6 -> Cancelled
- Algiers Open: November 13-14 -> Cancelled
- Kim Un Yong Cup International Open Taekwondo Championships: August 5-10
Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games and Wuxi 2021 World Tekwondo Championships, postponed
The IOC, IPC, the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government and the Government of Japan announced on 30 March that the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games will take place on 23 July – 8 August 2021 and the Paralympic Games will follow on 24 August – 5 September 2021. As a result of the postponement of the Olympic and Paralympic Games to 2021, the World Taekwondo Championships originally scheduled to be held in Wuxi, China in May 2021 will also need to be postponed. The exact dates are not confirmed yet but World Taekwondo intends that the event to be held in the fourth quarter of 2021.